A mushroom dish for breakfast. Mousseron are also good for this dish
- 500g girolles
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 120g butter
- 8 large free range eggs
- good handful of chopped curled parsley- more if you prefer
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Wash the girolles well and chop the larger ones into smaller pieces if necessary
- Beat the eggs lightly and season to taste
- Cook the onion gently in the butter until clear (do not allow to brown) then add the girolles
- Cook over a high heat stirring regularly until most of the liquid has evaporated
- Pour the beaten eggs over the girolles and stir, do not over cook or the eggs and girolles will quickly dry
- Turn of the heat when the egg is still silghtly runny
- Add the lemon juice, stir and serve, if you wish on toast with the chopped parsley sprinkled on top.